For our Business Area Wind we are now looking for a Working student Planning and Analysis in Project Delivery Offshore (f/m/d) for our office in Hamburg.
Do you want to shape the future? Join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
Project Delivery is responsible for the execution of asset projects in BU offshore. An essential part of this is project time planning, reporting & decision making as well as big data analysis. The Planning and Analysis team is taking the role as integrator of the portfolio programme, provides schedules reflecting the validation of a project strategy and gives guidance and support during all project phases. The Planning and Analysis team requires a working student to support special assignments and the day-to-day business. The role will involve working closely with the full team as well as exposure to the many different activities happening across Offshore Wind. A direct contact person will give necessary guidance and regular feedback.
• Support Head of Planning and Analysis on internal projects
• Support Planners and Data Analyst on continuous improvements
• Support the procurement and implementation process of a new resource management tool
• Conduct adverse weather calculation to support decision making processes for our construction projects as well as further optimization of the software behind
• Take over responsibility of maintenance and implementation of optimization of the PM Budget Tool
• Develop and maintain project dashboards to the business needs
• You are studying engineering, business administration, economics or equivalent, ideally with a specification in logistics or renewable energies
• You are a self-starter, strong self-performing and delivery focus. You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement.
• Preferably knowledge of the offshore wind business
• Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
• Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) knowledge, further programming knowledge is of benefit (e.g. matlab)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Structured way of working
• Pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
• Highly motivated, communicative, pro-active and you enjoy working in a team
Work in an open, agile and modern environment and collaborating with great colleagues who support each other. Offering you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues where we focus on resilience, knowing that this is a key element for your wellbeing. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money - join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
• Start date: April 2021
• Working time: 20 hours per week, up to 40 hours during non-lecture periods
• Duration: minimum 6 months
• Reference number: WO-00355
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.
For information please contact Ms. Pia Preusser via phone +49 152 21788394.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
We look forward to receiving your application