Therapeutic Area Global Expert Statistician - CNS & Retinopathies
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
In your new position you will represent the statistical function in the Therapeutic Area (TA) CNS and Retinopathies and be accountable for all major statistical decisions affecting clinical development for the entire CNS & Retinopathies drug portfolio.
You are looking for a new professional challenge - we offer you this interesting position in a global company that has been awarded several times the status of best employer.
The position can be located both in Germany (Ingelheim or Biberach) or in the US (Ridgefield in Connecticut).
Tasks & responsibilities
As a TA Global Expert Statistician for the TAs CNS, Retinopathies and Emerging Disease Areas you will:
- Be a member of strategic TA Committees and act as the go-to-partner on statistical topics for the TA Head of Medicine and TA-representatives from other functions.
- Direct, mentor and support Project Statisticians in CNS-diseases and Retinopathies to ensure that clinical development plans and trial protocols are build on state-of-art statistical-methodology and meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide statistical expert support on regulatory interactions for clinical development projects in the TA.
- Lead the growth of the global TA Statistics Organisation and be accountable to provide a platform for scientific exchange, collaboration and accumulation of TA disease & drug knowledge.
- Lead the development and oversee the application of TA standards for statistical methods as well as support the Global Head Statistics and the Global Head Methodology Statistics on BI standards for statistical methods.
- Provide statistical leadership and develop strategic directions for BI Statistics and facilitate collaboration experience exchange and scientific growth across TAs.
- Build strong partnership with academic, regulatory and industry expert statisticians and KOLs in the TA to bring in state-of-art statistical methodologies, critical trial design ideas and development strategies to BI.
- Master´s and/or Doctoral degree in Statistics or related majors
- Several years of experience as statistician in pharmaceutical clinical trials
- Project Statistician with several years of experience in international drug development with submission handling and registration in psychiatry or neurology; or
Expert knowledge of statistical methodology in CNS and Ophthalmologic research as proven by a record of publications, e.g. on development of questionnaires (scaling, reliability & validity), planning and analysis of biomarker studies and CNS disease models in humans or animals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with authorities and external bodies on statistical-methodological issues for pivotal trials and complex development projects
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent communication and presentation skills
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Julia Miller, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-94190
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.