Roche Diagnostics Automation Solutions (RDA) develops and produces laboratory automation products for in-vitro diagnostic market. The technical communication at RDA provides customer-oriented end-user documentation as well as service documentation for internal stakeholders. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guide and interactive User Assistance, Service Manuals in classical and electronic formats. High quality, compliance, and fast availability are important to enable operators and service technicians to safely and efficiently provide best-in-class medical care to patients.
As Technical Writer & Documentation Project Manager (m/f/d) your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Write and update documents in English for Roche laboratory automation systems in accordance with project requirements and documentation standards leveraging the benefits of CMS as authoring backbone
- Independently collect information from subject matter experts and other sources
- Initiate the creation of images or create them yourself as required to illustrate the documents
- Organize documentation reviews by subject matter experts and implement their input
- Collect input for updates and seek feedback from users to continuously maintain and improve the documentation
- Represent product documentation in product development & product care teams, act as subject matter expert for documentation, and as interface between R&D, the project team, and the technical writers
- Analyze the product’s documentation needs, plan the required documentation activities accordingly and align their scope and timeline with the project lead
- Execute the resulting international documentation subproject and ensure project costs, quality targets, and timelines are met by coordinating the work of the assigned technical writers, terminologists, and subject matter experts from R&D, User Interface Design, Testing, and Support&Training as well as managing the delivery of external vendors
- Coordinate all steps required for project-conform localization of software and documentation in close cooperation with software development, translation vendors, and Roche country organizations
For this position, you bring the following qualifications:
- A degree in a technical or IT field with additional coursework/experience in technical communication or a degree in technical writing, journalism, communication, translation, or English with proven interest in technology topics
- Experience with authoring in an XML-based content management system (CMS) like Schema ST4 or Madcap Flare
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker (structured) and with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with graphics editor (e.g., CorelDraw, SnagIt, Photoshop)
- Experience in project management, ideally with documentation projects in a matrix organization, and with the related tools (e.g., MS Project)
- Experience with tools used for translation management (e.g., Trados, Passolo)
- Native English speaker or equivalent and very good German language skills
- Working in a customer-oriented and international environment motivates you and you are open to collaborate across departments and geographies
- You are looking forward to work in a team of specialists and independently manage assigned tasks with growing responsibilities
- You are enthusiastic about technical writing and have an open eye on new trends so that you can actively contribute to frequent discussion aimed at the continuous improvement of our tools, processes, and guidelines
The following would be a plus:
- Proven experience in a medical or diagnostics business environment
- Familiarity with hardware and software development processes as well as laboratory systems and environments
- You have experience in introducing new tools/processes for content management and technical writing ideally in large organizations
- You are a member in relevant industry organizations like tekom and ensure your technical communication knowledge stays up to date
This position is for an unlimited period.
For a complete application, please add the following documents to your application in the step "Upload new Resume or CV":
A current curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation stating your desired salary and relevant certificates.
Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
If you have any questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact Mr. Christian Pfleger, Tel. +49 7151 959 22 -688.
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Documentation & Technical Writing