We are currently looking for a Team Leader Formulation Process Engineering (m/f/d
) to join the Formulation and Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products. Role Purpose:
- To lead a team of Formulation Engineers.
- To provide process engineering expertise for the design of formulation, and for fill & pack manufacturing facilities; with a clear focus on safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
- To develop manufacturing processes for Syngenta new finished products.
- Plan, allocate and coordinate formulation engineering resources to successfully deliver projects.
- Develop and maintain technical and leadership capabilities within the team.
- Deliver the scale-up of formulation processes from lab to full-scale manufacturing, ensuring process safety, health and environmental issues are fully anticipated.
- Lead technology transfer activities to Syngenta sites and third party tolling operation, act as technical lead in product establishment teams, and be a member of the technical start-up team for new processes and equipment.
- Design pilot scale and full scale manufacturing trials, partnering with product development teams, the Münchwilen pilot plant and the receiving sites - defining operating procedures, training operations teams, providing technical supervision, documenting the outcomes and sharing learnings and best practices.
- Generate the process design for capital investment projects in EAME. Typical order of magnitude 1 to 10 million CHF.
- Apply formulation engineering processing expertise in order to assist troubleshooting or optimization of processes at manufacturing sites to identify solutions that improve capacity, quality and cost efficiency.