Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
As a member of Dolby Germany’s Consumer Entertainment Technology group in Nuremberg, you will
contribute to a company internal software tool framework (bitstream description language, BSDL) that is used to define and represent multimedia bitstream syntax and to analyze and manipulate multimedia files and streams. This framework allows for conversion of binary multimedia into text or XML representations and back. It is mostly implemented in python.
• You will extend the base of multimedia formats represented in bsdl.
• You will help to streamline the user interface (command line and, in perspective, graphical) and implement extensions.
• You will make the tools more robust and user-friendly.
• You fix bugs and implement missing features.
• You help keeping the toolbox software architecte in a maintainable and well documented state
• You are currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
• You have experience in SW development with Python or other rich scripting languages.
• You ideally have experience in XML representation and generation
• You are interested in software architecture and design.
• You are interested in multimedia coding formats, most prominently audio codecs, and their containers, e.g. the Iso base media file format.
• You have good written and spoken German and English language skills.
We are offering a part-time employment (e.g. 10h/week) for a mid-term perspective, ideally more than 1 year.