We aim to shape the future of mobility by developing automated driving systems on the highway and in urban areas. Our teams are inspired by current trends, find the best solutions for the customer and develop the latest and greatest core technologies to master this challenge. We are looking for a talented, energetic and committed individual to strengthen our Vehicle Intelligence team in Stuttgart, Germany.
A big challenge in the development of automated driving software is the design and implementation of algorithms using modern C++ techniques. The automated driving software engineers develop with the team the software components, interfaces and interactions between system parts like behavior, maps, environment model and trajectory generation. You furthermore investigate concepts, to ensure the intelligent vehicle can cope with all driving situations and transfer the developed product innovations for future Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- You develop novel solutions and algorithms in the areas of situation analysis, behavior generation, decision making, as well as maneuver and trajectory planning with a focus on automated driving
- You concept, design and verify a one stack architecture solution for situation analysis and behavior planning within ADAS and AD systems
- You analyze and evaluate the requirements of the software modules for the planning algorithms and derive new algorithmic concepts as well as the optimal interaction of the algorithms
- You lead the discussions in the sense of behavior planning to the interfaces of the connecting software modules such as the sensor fusion, motion control, perception to define a one stack architecture for ADAS and AD systems
- You write real-time, efficient, and scalable software modules in C++ and evaluate them on both recorded data and on-board automated vehicles
- You strongly interact and collaborate with international peer groups from different departments as part of an innovative global Team