The Thales Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) Global Business Unit has recently reorganized its hardware and middleware activities into an international meta-competence centre with teams in 6 countries. As a Software Development Engineer you adapt und configure Linux-based operating systems as middleware for a non-vital industrial PC platform to support the Thales Transportation product portfolio.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Configuration and adaptation of Linux installation as middleware platform according to requirements and hardware platform components
- Supporting product SW application to migrate to a non-vital industrial PC platform
- Development based on Linux, e.g. Wayland, Systemd, Flatpack
- Development using Python and Shell
- Supporting and performing middleware integration testing