As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
This position has the responsibility of reviewing, planning and evaluating hardware, software and custom deployments to the organization’s global production infrastructure. This level II position within the department has the added responsibility of being a subject matter expert in multiple platforms/systems that are administered. The position requires detailed technical knowledge of specific systems and network elements and ability to troubleshoot those elements completely, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If needed, recommend and/or design new solutions to faulty or outdated components within the given production network element.
• Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere Suite 5/6
• Upgrade existing VMware environments to the latest versions
• Install patches as required by vendors and Security directives
• Migrate physical servers to virtual machines, and virtual machines to virtual machines
• Design and implement vSphere 5/6 ESX Clusters, HA, DRS, vSwitches, Distributed Switches
Troubleshoot and resolve VMware issues from performance to configuration
You are great at:
• Work with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
• All work needs to be done ensuring no customer impact, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
• Create and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for given system element.
• Deploy all new production servers/devices fully configured and completely production ready into the production network.
• Provide documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
• Manages tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
• Develop and maintain production server documentation.
• Cross-Train production support & engineering personnel to ensure knowledge is held by multiple individuals
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, and public speaking skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
• Detailed knowledge of specific production system configuration and its components (hardware, software, configurations, design, etc.).
• Familiar with standard practices and procedures of all components within network element.
• Ability to creatively resolve problems and/or design new solutions to known flaws in design, and describe these in a detailed and clear report to management.
• Knowledge of server and system security.
• Knowledge of server and system design.
• UNIX & Windows administration experience.
• Knowledge of telephony technology.
• Ability to document systems and designs.
• Ability to run cross functional meetings.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and serial communications.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.