We shape the future of mobility at Mercedes-Benz by developing automated and autonomous driving systems for highway and urban areas. Our teams are inspired by current trends, find the best solutions for the customer, and develop the latest and greatest core technologies to master this challenge.
Become part of an agile, innovative team, which is passionate to make our vehicles safer and to increase their level of autonomy. We are looking for a talented, energetic and committed colleague to strengthen our sensor fusion team in Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany.
As a sensor fusion software engineer, you develop in a team the software modules and interfaces for our embedded sensor fusion stack. To this end, you closely interact with perception and planning experts. Furthermore, you investigate technological concepts to ensure that the intelligent vehicle can cope with all driving situations.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- You contribute to our sensor fusion software stack to build an environment model about other traffic participants and infrastructure based on camera, LiDAR, radar and ultrasonic data
- You analyze and evaluate the requirements, received from the system context, and derive suitable state-of-the-art algorithmic and architectural concepts
- You synchronize with your customers (e.g., behavior planning) and formulate requirements for the individual sensor teams
- You implement and test safe, embedded and real time capable software modules in C++, which are fulfilling automotive and safety standards (ASPICE, ISO26262) and are part of production-level software
- You strongly interact and collaborate with international peer groups from different departments within Mercedes-Benz, Daimler and with collaboration partners, as part of an innovative global team developing the next gen ADAS/AD software stacks
- You monitor relevant approaches in the market and assess their relevance for our ADAS and AD Projects
- You maintain excellent contacts with universities and other partners in related Areas