Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company specialized in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. We are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Scientist in Immunology to join our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities will be to contribute to the conception and execution of multi-disciplinary research in immune-related projects and to provide molecular and cellular immunology scientific and technical support for the Industry and Innovation & Advance Methodology Programs under the direction of the Principal Scientist or Principal Consultant. This includes experimental project design, carrying out experiments and quantitative analyses, preparing progress and milestones reports, and presenting research results in internal and external meetings.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
· Provide technical and scientific input and guidance in immune-related projects
· Conceive, design and conduct flow cytometry and immunology assays for different projects
· Develop and independently execute immunological and biochemical assays needed to determine immunogenicity
· Conducting ex vivo experiments to assess function of different immune cell types, such as T cells and NK cells or dendritic cells
· Development and execution of human primary immune cell-based assays for determining activity of therapeutic proteins
· Design and development of assays to interrogate immune cell signalling
· Critically analyze and interpret data
· Contribute to optimizing protocols and establishing new methods
· Provide project updates to Principal Scientist or Principal Consultant
· Prioritize experiments in order to meet deadlines
· Design follow-up experiments leading to project advancement
· Train staff scientists and technicians
· Participate to internal or external meetings/conferences whether immunology-related projects need to be presented
· Discuss scientific results with other company employees, contributing to multiple collaborative research projects
· Professional and responsible data documentation and archiving
· Perform statistical analysis and presentation of data with appropriate software (e.g. Excel GraphPad Prism, FlowJo)
· Prepare milestone reports and manuscripts
· Participating in scientific lab meetings and the organization of workshops
· Proposing new innovative projects and/or techniques
· PhD degree in Immunology or related discipline
· 5+ years post-doctoral experience in immunology
· Strong background in applying immunological and biochemical techniques to answer fundamental questions in immunology
· Proven expertise in FACS (Fortessa X-20), FACS cell sorting and MACS isolation
· Substantial hands-on experience with, and extensive knowledge of, cellular immunology, cell-based immune functional assays, flow cytometric/cell sorting analysis and isolation and culture of human primary cells, experimentation with human monocyte-derived antigen-presenting cells, T-cell/antigen presenting cell co-culture, and relevant statistical analysis.
· Significant experience working on human biology as it relates to inflammation and autoimmunity is preferred
· Knowledge on Skin and/or Hair Research will be an advantage, as well as knowledge in T-cell cloning
· Strong publication track record exemplified by high-quality publications
· Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (Company language: English)
· Ability to work well in an interactive scientific environment, be intellectually curious, and have experience in all aspects of cellular immunology.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
· Good coordination, time management, data collection and analysis
Type of contract: One year contract with possibility of extension, eventually unlimited
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered and full training will be provided.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application: For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Marta Bertolini, email@example.com.
A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications, name of 3 contact for reference, and list of experimental methods you have mastered. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Marta Bertolini with 'Senior Scientist in Immunology' in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For any details regarding the company, range of research topics covered, assays in use, and international academic research network, please visit the website www.monasteriumlab.com