(Senior) Category Manager Non-Clinical Development
Supply Chain / Logistics
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
Acting globally. Working cross functionally. Making strategic decisions that ensure sustainable, competitive supply and product quality. As Senior Category Manager at Boehringer Ingelheim you’ll be on an exciting mission.
Eager to make a difference? This is your chance: welcome to our team!
Tasks & responsibilities
If you join us as Senior Category Manager:
- Strategic strength, persuasiveness and assertiveness: You are well prepared to develop and implement sourcing strategies for your global categories (Nonclinical Development Services in HP & AH for NCEs, NBEs & ATMPs) that will set new standards with regards to speed to market, long term sustainable sourcing decision, competitive sourcing and productivity.
- Through complex category strategies and active supplier management, you strive to guarantee a reliable supply, which leads to revenue growth, while keeping a close eye on our supply markets and develop new innovative solutions to contribute top and bottom line as well as deploy / utilize highly efficient supply processes.
- You lead cross-functional project teams of local Sourcing Managers, Sourcing Specialists and internal business partners to implement innovative processes which result in external cost improvement.
- Through constant observation and exploration of your global sourcing markets, you bring potential innovation to BI and gather market intelligence for your category.
- For supply related risks, you liaise closely with internal business partners and local purchasers, to identify, evaluate and classify sourcing risks and devise risk mitigation measures.
- Additionally, you run the sourcing, negotiation and contracting activities, within assigned range to achieve a strategic and operational success for BI.
- You contribute your knowledge and new ideas to cross category projects and lead them to success
As Senior Category Manager additionally:
- Master’s degree or Diploma in natural science or business administration combined with a strong knowledge of pharmaceutical research and development processes
- Several years of sourcing experience in contracting / sourcing / purchasing experience in nonclinical development, clinical development and / or research services in international markets thereof some years in a GxP environment
- Sound knowledge of the global CRO / C(D)MO market for pharmaceutical development and / or research services
- Deep knowledge of compliance requirements, e.g. animal welfare, human biospecimen, EHS, GxP
- Experience in stakeholder management as well as risk management
- Fluent in English and German; additional language skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20% of your working time)
- Long years track record in working with GxP combined with knowledge of complex category strategies and stakeholder management
- Open-minded, motivated, persuasive and perseverant personality with outstanding internal and external relationship management skills and willingness to take on responsibility
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our
Want to learn more about us? Visit
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Petra Zimmermann, Tel:+49 (0) 6132 77-143194
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.