Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Senior Biostatistician or Mathematician (f/m/d) with team management for in-vitro diagnostics to make an effective contribution to improving our diagnostic methods.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will manage and coordinate the tasks of a team of statisticians and promote the development of your employees
- You will monitor statistical consultation and support for product developments, studies carried out internally and externally in order to collect performance data, global product registrations and commercial product matters, ensuring that suitable scientific methodologies are applied and representing these in meetings with investigating agencies and supervisory authorities
- You will draw up multidimensional statistical experiment plans (Design of Experiments, Sample Size Determination) and draft, implement and validate highly complex mathematical and statistical methods as well as algorithms for assessing the information provided by our analysis equipment
- Your area of responsibility will also include applying state-of-the-art statistical methods for quality assurance and for optimizing development and production processes. You will also advise local and global initiatives on the further development of processes through the use of digital technologies and artificial intelligence. To this end, you will collaborate closely with your network of experts from universities, specialist committees and our global locations
- You will be responsible for monitoring, assessing and implementing external guidelines, standards and regulatory requirements (e.g. CLSI and FDA guidelines or recognized standards)
- You will implement various statistical methods/algorithms, primarily in SAS and/or R
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Laboratory diagnostics.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a very good master's degree in mathematics, statistics, physics or a related discipline with a focus on statistics and applied mathematics. A doctorate in the fields described would be advantageous
- You have already accumulated many years of professional experience as a senior biostatistician within the life sciences industry, research or statistical consultation in general
- You can also demonstrate several years of team leadership experience
- You have very good knowledge of the statistics software products SAS and/or R. Additional knowledge of the Python and/or C++ programming languages would be very helpful
- You have the ability to convey complex statistical relationships in a way that is easy even for non-specialists to understand
Your attributes and skills:
- You have very good spoken and written German and English skills, which enable you to communicate easily with your colleagues at the local and international level
- You have very good teamworking and communication skills and a highly service-focused approach in your dealings with internal colleagues and specialist departments
- You have the ability to collaborate in cross-functional and international teams, demonstrating a can-do attitude, a high level of independent initiative and resilience, and the flexibility to respond to changing work requirements
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That's why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 - 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Marlena Maier.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.