Scientist - Primary Packaging Design and Process Development
Research & Development
As experienced scientist in primary packaging development you are seeking a new professional challenge in a globally acting company? You are focused on primary packaging development and leading development activities for sterile, parenteral dosage forms and related combination products?
If so, seize the opportunity and apply as Scientist within Primary Packaging & Process Development at Boehringer Ingelheim in Biberach.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you support primary packaging development activities for sterile, parental dosage forms and related combination products (vials, syringes, cartridges) for NBE and NCE development projects.
- It is your task to represent primary packaging development within the respective R&D sub-teams and leading the drug product working team.
- The planning, execution and interpretation of experiments for primary packaging systems including prefilled syringe and other parenteral combinations is your task.
- Furthermore, you transfer primary packaging development activities to operations.
- You support documentation for submission with respect to primary packaging (IND/CTA, MAA/BLA).
- Apart from that, you evaluate new primary packaging technologies on a scientific basis.
- Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, engineering sciences, physics or related disciplines, ideally Ph.D.
- Several years of experience in primary packaging design and development, either in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industry is required
- Knowledge in the coordination of activities at third party manufacturer and vendors
- Hands-on experience with different analytical test procedures like functional testing as well as with automated and semi-automatic aseptic filling processes and equipment
- Broad expertise around regulatory requirements for primary packaging materials and parenteral combination products is preferred (21 CFR parts 4 & 820, ISO, ASTM, FDA and WHO guidance’s)
- Statistical know-how and experience is preferred e.g. tolerance analysis, gauge R&R and design of experiments (DOE) methodologies
- A proven track record in primary packaging compatibility testing including particle characterization and identification techniques for biopharmaceutics
- Excellent oral communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in German and English language
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 - 54 17 50 92
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.