Radio Field Engineer (m/f)
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific information supporting each item.
EDUCATION: The successful completion of Secondary School plus two years of technical electronics or radio training with one or more training certificates in radio systems (Motorola, Kenwood, Tait, MICOM, Telex, etc.) are required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of experience in technical radio field support are required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) (speaking/reading/writing) English is required.
- Mechanical, electrical, and electronic troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written formats with RIMC and Post personnel on all matters pertaining to Post radio systems, to include supporting equipment is required.
- A German class B driver’s license is required.
- Basic computer skills to utilize laptop computer based radio test equipment and planning software are required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs/23kg is required.
- Competency in the use of electronic and radio frequency (RF) test equipment, wave propagation, antenna theory, UPS systems, radio network planning, radio programming and alignment, RF and electrical safety is required.