Electric-powered transport is charging ahead. It will gather pace over the coming years, and Daimler Trucks and Buses aims to prepare itself strategically and globally for the long term. That is why we have founded a self-contained organization, the E-Mobility Group (EMG), to actively work this important future business area and to position ourselves as the undisputed No. 1 We have already successfully launched electric commercial vehicles on the market, such as the eCanter, the eActros, the eCitaro, and the eCascadia, the first fully electric Class 8 truck.
With these we are proving that we can offer our customers attractive and competitive products in this area as well.
We are relying on a world class team to achieve our goal of becoming the undisputed market leader for electric trucks and buses. Your expertise, your ideas, and your enthusiasm will help us to establish and expand the E-Mobility Group together we can turn e-Mobility into a success story for Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Be part of the E-Mobility Group!
You drive and develop an ecosystem strategy for our worldwide eTruck brands Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck, TBB & Freightliner in order to offer customers the best possible experience in connection with their Daimler eTruck. This includes conceptualization and regular updates of a global, holistic and cross-functional Daimler Trucks EcoSystem Make-Or-Buy strategy and partner selection for the products and services offered by the Customer Journey (initiation, offer, purchase, handover, operation, maintenance, 2nd Life) - such as charging solutions, digital services, training, etc. You establish yourself as the central contact for partnering eTruck ecosystems - in this role you are responsible for the worldwide partner screening, identification, negotiation, contract management and operational control of partners and suppliers. You cultivate a close exchange with colleagues from MB Cars, VAN and Buses as well as our direct colleagues at our Business Solutions locations in Portland, Kawasaki and Stuttgart on the aforesaid topics.
Your tasks in detail:
Ecosystem strategy development:
- Independent conceptualization and coordination of the worldwide, cross-functional ecosystem strategy for Daimler eTruck (including make-or-buy strategy) for all existing ecosystem products of the Customer Journey (initiation, offer, purchase, handover, operation, maintenance, 2nd Life)
- Independent involvement of all relevant stakeholders and Partners
- Coordination and continuous development of the strategy with top management
- Coordination of the eTruck ecosystem strategy with all relevant neighboring strategies such as CASE
- Screening, identification, negotiation, contract management and control of possible external development partners, start-ups and suppliers for hardware, software and service solutions in close coordination with M&A, IPS and all relevant global cross-functional units (Sales, After Sales, IT, DFS, Finance, Connectivity)
- Preparation of business case analyses as needed together with Controlling & IPS/M&A
- Driving and ensuring close exchange with the partner managers of the other business units (MB Cars, VANs, Daimler Buses)
- Central contact for all questions relating to partner management at EMG eTruck Business Solutions