The Hospital of the University of Munich, Germany, is one of the largest and most competitive university hospitals in Germany and Europe. 48 specialized hospitals, departments and institutions harbouring excellent research and education provide patient care at the highest medical level with around 11.000 employees.
Our research group studies the molecular pathogenesis of malignant lymphomas with a focus on the molecular background of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). The tendered project investigates genetic variants in MCL determining therapy response and aims to functionally characterize candidate gene mutations evaluating their potential as new druggable targets to optimize MCL therapy.
The predominant methods applied will be genetic analysis (Targeted Next Generation Sequencing, Copy number variation analysis), modification of candidate genes (CRISPR/Cas9-system, retro- or lentiviral expression of putative oncogenes, RNAi-mediated KnockDown of putative tumorsuppressor genes), analysis of RNA- (RNA- Seq, qPCR) and protein-expression (Western Blot) and fuctional analysis using established cell culture systems to evaluate cell viability, proliferation, apoptosis induction, cell cycle, migration, angiogenesis and colony- forming abilities. Further tasks include independent evaluation and integration of experimental data and presentation of data on international congresses.
A highly motivated candiate has a master’s degree in life sciences, preferably with excellent background knowledge in molecular biology, cell biology and genetics.
- Very good experience in cell culture, cell biology and molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in bioinformatics and basic statistics would be desirable
- high degree of self-initiative and ability to independently process a scientific project
- excellent command of written and spoken English
We offer the successful candidate an interesting and challenging task in a creative research environment.
- International and interdisciplinary laboratory embedded in a translational scientific environment and medical centre
- Comprehensive supervision and excellently equipped labs
- Structured training and scientific exchanges