thyssenkrupp is an international group of companies comprising largely independent industrial and technology businesses. Across 78 countries the group generated sales of €42.0 billion in fiscal 2018/2019. Under a strong umbrella brand our products and services make an important contribution to creating a better and sustainable future. The skills and commitment of our over 106,000 employees are the basis of our success. With our technologies and innovations, we work with our customers to develop cost-efficient and resource-friendly solutions to future challenges. We combine performance orientation with corporate and social responsibility.
Launch Manager - Warehousing/SCM - Aerospace (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp Aerospace provides the world's largest leading aerospace companies with integrated material supply chain management. The multinational group operates from numerous locations in the Americas, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. At home in all the world's aerospace manufacturing regions, the company's 2,000 employees aggregate demand across a single supply chain on behalf of the world's leading Original Equipment Manufacturers. At the same time, the thyssenkrupp Aerospace network supplies local services to meet the needs of aerospace subcontractors throughout the world.
Further information: https://www.thyssenkrupp-aerospace.com/
- Assume full responsibility for supervising, planning, and managing new business implementation projects consisting of a large number of deliverables & complex dependencies
- Manage entire lifecycle of the project from project inception to project closure. Tasks include, but are not limited to: project scope documentation, meeting management, documentation, process workflows, work plans, reports, etc.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including senior level executive sponsors, customers, partners and vendors, to define project scope and ensure timely delivery of all project components
- Participate in the development, implementation and assessment of project "health-checks" and "'Go-Live' readiness"
- Translate business solution from RFx and design phases into implementation requirements, technical specifications and project scheduling prior to the project launch
- Partner with operations and engineering team to translate Concept of Operations into solution configuration
- Assist in the development of test plans, scenario and cycles to ensure that all requirements identified in the requirements gathering phase will be validated
- Drive process and productivity improvements into the concept of operations to realize anticipated gains. This includes defining return on investment and gain alignment with Ops/engineering on associated ROI and resourcing
- Ensure all customer and business process enhancement requests are aligned with the scope of the core system
- Take the lead in risk management meetings working with project leads and project teams to identify potential risks and recommend solutions to stabilize project prior to a business-impacting event occurring
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating progress, collaborating with key stakeholders to publish status reports, and managing and reporting on open risks and action items
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Management
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar capacity within 3PL and 4PL environment, e.g. as Implementation Manager or In-house Consultant
- Minimum 2 years of Operations' experience in the field of warehousing and transportation services
- Experience in implementing infrastructure, equipment, resource, hardware and IT software in a warehousing environment required
- Experience leading large-scale projects with excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to define customer requirements and operational efficiencies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships on multiple levels
- Strong knowledge of material handling engineering and equipment in scope of warehouse implementations
- Proficient in business English and ideally in another language (e.g. German, French, Spanish) and willing to travel abroad frequently (75%)
Head of Recruiting
Tel: +49 201 844-532419
If you are ready to join us on our exciting journey, apply now. Please provide us with your notice period and your salary expectations (fixed + target bonus).
- Outstanding Career Perspectives
- Modern working environment in our thyssenkrupp HQ
- An attractive non-tariff compensation as well as performance-related special payments
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation and identity.