Founded in 1994, Digital River is recognized as a leading global provider of Commerce-as-a-Service solutions. Companies of all sizes rely on Digital River’s multi-tenant, SaaS commerce, payments and marketing services to manage and grow their online businesses. Digital River has helped companies process more than $30 billion in online transactions, connecting B2B and B2C digital products and cloud service companies as well as branded manufacturers with buyers across multiple devices and channels, and nearly every country in the world.
We are fortunate at Digital River to work with some of the e-commerce industry’s brightest talent. We have professionals on the ground in nearly every region of the world, including North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our employees are experts in e-commerce, e-marketing, creative site design and merchandising, global tax and compliance laws, fraud prevention, international payments and more. To attract and retain the best-of-the-best, we invest a great deal of time and effort in creating a community that people want to be part of and high performance culture where they can grow.
Momentum is what we have and growth is our plan. We are looking for people who are energized by making an impact, having autonomy in their work and who want the ability to look back at what they have accomplished and say “wow.” If you are someone who loves being part of a team that is more like a family and likes to work for companies at the top of their game, join Digital River.
We are looking for an Associate Legal Counsel to join our Legal Team in our Cologne Office.
The Associate Legal Counsel is responsible for assisting in the delivery of various commercial and contract matters, supporting the senior legal counsel’s risk management strategy. The position requires excellent contract drafting skills, the ability to help develop pragmatic advice, a business perspective, accompanied with creative problem-solving abilities. They also act as research fellow on legal issues involving the organization’s government and regulatory compliance arising from commercial and contract matters and appropriate action to be taken.
What You'll Do?
What you'll need to succeed:
· JD or law degree and licensed in the relevant state/country
· 1-3 years of experience in a corporate law department in a technology organization
· Specific experience drafting and reviewing software contracts with an ability to independently revise agreements, propose strategic language, and negotiate with opposing counsel.
· The ability to communicate issues to internal teams, raise salient issues, propose various strategies to limit risk, and counsel the business to comply with legal constraints and evaluate deals from a legal and risk perspective
· Must be proactive and needs to be someone that can work with a lot of autonomy and ambiguity.
· Must be able to work with leaders from many different parts of the business being able to guide and influence important contractual decisions on behalf of the business
· Team player who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
German and English Speaking
Great if you have:
Direct experience with Internet contracting, privacy and legal issues related to the Internet
We are on the cusp of amazing things that you can dive into, you can be a part of our story!
A truly multicultural team, "its like being part of a family"
Subsidized onsite Canteen
Transport ticket / parking provided
Generous holiday allowances
Flexible working arragements
Grab a nice coffee and take 5 on our Rooftop terrace
Be part of our Global Village, our teams interact cross functionally and regionally which enables you to build and maintain relationships across the Globe.
Vibrant engagement committee continuously striving to make DR Cologne a super place to work.