What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer to join our global legal department on a full-time basis with immediate effect. In this role, you will further develop and implement our global data protection strategy within the Hilti group as well as towards our external partners, You’ll proactively engage with all internal stakeholders, including Sales & Marketing, Legal, IT, our Digital Unit and the Risk Management and other relevant business stakeholders. In your role You will be reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer.
Who is Hilti?If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
To support the realization of our strategic targets, you as Data Protection Officer will design, build, implement and maintain data privacy compliant solutions according to applicable laws around the globe on a state-of-the-art level. You will ensure the proper implementation of privacy solutions through documentation, user training, guidance (policies) and monitoring. You will act as single point of contact for all data protection related requests of internal and external stakeholders on a global basis. You will provide data protection related advise for new products, services, business initiatives, processes and technologies across all business fields of Hilti.
We’re proud to rank in Great Places to Work as one of the world’s best multinational workplaces. Your workplace will be at the Hilti group`s headquarter in Schaan, Liechtenstein.
What you need is:
- Passion for data protection and IT security issues
- A university degree in business administration, law, IT or a similar field of studies and
- Minimum five years of profound experience in the field of Data Protection / Data Privacy or in a comparable function in an international industry environment and/or in a leading management consultancy
- Data Protection Certification preferable or must be ready to certify
- Strong communication and social skills paired with a solution-oriented approach
- Highly motivated self-starter who wants to take on responsibility
- A good understanding of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and/ or other Data Protection regulations. Familiar with new media, apps, and privacy-tech
- Practical experience in integrating 'Privacy by Design' principles into modern service-oriented architectures and software solutions
- Solid knowledge of conducting overall Privacy Risk analyses and Privacy Impact Assessments covering complex business products and services, processes and IT solutions in a multinational (legal entities) environment
- A good understanding of defining and evaluating adequate physical, technical and organizational measures, especially logical access, deletion and test concepts
- Business-fluent English and German, additional languages an asset
- Readiness to travel internationally
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, these may include day care for your kids or a free in-house gym.
Why should you apply?We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes us a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive.