Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Flender, headquartered in Bocholt, Germany, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has a reputation for the highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 120 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water and wastewater, marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high-quality materials and manufacturing processes and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades. On October 1, 2019, Flender had around 8,500 employees globally.
After the successful development of Flender in the last few years and the path towards more independence, started in 2017, a new major milestone is now achieved with the sale to Carlyle, a Global Investment firm.
Now, here is your chance to contribute establishing Flender´s own procurement function for Indirect Material.What part will you play?
In your new role, you will be responsible for managing all activities end-to-end for the category Logistics
. Furthermore, you will be able to contribute actively to the procurement transformation program of the Flender group.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You will define and further develop a category management strategy and global action plan for the category Logistics comprising the procurement of Air-, Sea-, Road-transport as well as Warehousing and Courier, Express & Parcel Services and Packaging material and Services.
- You assure the best rates and sourcing strategy (freight forwarders, carriers, 3/4PL) of inbound and outbound transportation and warehousing services across the globe
- You will build a strong rapport with our Global Logistics function, and Order Management and Operational Procurement in Manufacturing locations and service centers to establish and implement best category and supplier strategies
- Additionally, you will optimize the overhead cost position of the company in your categories through a best in class supplier portfolio, maximized negotiation power, by further developing policies and requirement specifications as well as through demand management
- In your role, you will actively drive innovation and value contribution from the supplier market in your categories: meet and shape future requirements using the full potential of what the market has to offer
- Finally, you will improve functional output, value delivery to stakeholders and meet yearly financial, operational, and strategic objectives
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- You have a university degree, e.g. in business administration or mechanical engineering with at least 5-10 years of professional experience in purchasing globally logistics and transportation services preferably in the machine construction industry
- Furthermore, you have gained several years of leadership experience of global teams and live a collaborative leadership style
- You have a record of successful managed (cross-functional) projects
- With your strategic thinking and analytical, structured approach you have proven yourself as an excellent negotiator
- With your open-minded personality, you are able to maximize benefits from the digitalization of the function in its operation and in its cooperation with internal stakeholders, drive and manage that change passionately
- Fluency in English and German plus the readiness for intercontinental business trips round your profile
https://www.flender.com/de/jobsAndCareers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Flender.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities