Domain Architect - Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics
As Domain Architect for Business Intelligence (BI) & Advanced Analytics, you are accountable for the architecture planning within the IT Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics ("BIAA") function.
You give the direction for new innovative technologies for your domain with specific focus on Big Data platforms. You optimize existing technologies for the digital age with focus on stability, scalability and cost effectiveness.
Are you a leader who can think from a holistic point of view? Are you eager to design and implement the future IT system landscape for this innovative environment? Then this job is just right for you.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the alignment of the BIAA architecture within the Enterprise Data Services organization as well as other IT and business functions in accordance to overall IT architecture principles.
- This starts with the maintenance of the current BIAA architecture, includes the development of the target architecture and - most important – the execution of the architecture roadmap to achieve the target architecture.
- You focus on the creation of the project portfolio and solution roadmaps based on a clear understanding of business requirements as well as technology and industry drivers. With this you drive the transition from the ‘as-is’ to the ‘to-be’ application landscape in order to deliver scalable and futureproof IT solutions.
- Furthermore, you make sure that BI architectural governance is up to date by reviewing and approving all demands and changes. You ensure the accuracy of architecture related data captured in the application-planning repository.
- You act as scout for innovation and run Proof of Concepts (PoCs) including the preparation of cost benefit evaluations.
- Completed degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Long-term years of relevant (architecture) work experience with solid knowledge of data warehousing, data management and Business Intelligence platforms (e.g., Informatica, Talend, Exasol, Hadoop, OpenShift, SAP BW, Tableau and QlikView)
- Experience with information, process and technology modeling and architecture methodology knowledge (e.g. TOGAF, DICOM, HL7)
- Proven experience managing IT projects and PoCs
- Strong hands-on experience of capabilities and direction of technology – big data management/architectures, cloud computing, ETL, relational and NoSQL databases, AI frameworks & BI platforms, data governance and compliance regulations
- Broad IT knowledge across business domains and related capabilities
- Excellent communication skills in English, German would be a plus
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Gym and variety of company sports groups
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
- Long-term account
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Natalie Scheid, phone: +49 (0)6132 77-144649
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.