This role is responsible for both the financial management and monitoring of the internal control environment, delivering value added management information to Business Leadership and ensuring the integrity of those numbers reported on a timely basis; developing templates for management reporting packs in the region and complying with standard templates; managing reporting of results into CBRE group systems, including HFM, Cash flow and cash forecast into E-Treasury, and Tax pack reporting.
This role is important to providing relevant & timely financial information to the Directors of the business to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the country’s strategy and objectives.
Internal and External Customers
- Germany Contract Finance team and Regional Management
- EMEA Central Finance team to fulfill any ad hoc information requests.
- Responsibility for the statutory financial reporting of 2 x Germany legal entities under local GAAP. This includes Published Accounts, Taxation matters, and other statutory reporting to public bodies. This responsibility includes accuracy and timeliness.
- Drive month end close timetable to meet Group reporting requirements, ensuring this is communicated to all stakeholders, including Business Service Organization (BSO).
- Balance Sheet integrity for management and statutory reporting
- Reviewing Country and Client P&L results and challenge.
- Active management of overheads for business whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings (in the interim).
- Responsible for the Pension schemes accounts including the co-ordination of their audits where applicable.
- Give direction and leadership to the Finance Hub team, including the effective management, motivation and development of the team.
- Build and develop high level relationships with business and functional leaders, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
- Constantly seek to improve quality, service and efficiency.
- Communicate regularly with divisional financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of initiatives achievements.
- Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
- Ensure adherence to processes for reconciling Intercompany balances monthly. Ensure that these are reported to and agreed to HFM.
- Have thorough knowledge of procedures and processes and lead the delivery of these to the required standard.
- Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
- Reconciliation from ERP through to HFM on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual bottom up Plan for and monitoring the forecast through the year.
- Ensure balance sheet and cash flow Plans are prepared.
- Responsibility for coordinating the annual audit for 2 x legal entities between the auditors and internal staff; with guidance and ensuring relevant preparation of supporting schedules and timetables for internal staff prior to the audit.
- Responsibility for coordinating US GAAP audit (if in scope).
- Ensure country statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
- Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary.
- Ensure proper monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out and reviewed for all entities.
- Driving and agreeing any financial policy requirements with the EMEA Financial Controller, EMEA Central FD and Country Financial Director. Review and update, in line with good practice, the internal control environment and produce Controls and Procedures manuals in line with SOX and which are utilized by the business.
- Ensure Business Group is fully compliant with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Co-ordinating with the tax team ensuring that the financial data is provided on a timely basis to the tax authorities, including ensuring that the relevant legal entities are tax compliant.
- Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team. Empower team members to take responsibility and accountability.
- Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.
- Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team.
- Evaluate system processes procedures and suggest system enhancements to further automate and improve efficiencies.
Success in this role will be measured through defined targets as follows:
- Management and statutory reporting is accurate, technically correct, timely and robust including month end and year end close cycle metrics.
- Policies and procedures are documented, complied with, relevant, reviewed bi-annually and complete.
- Internal and external audit highlights that procedures are robust and effective.
- No SOX significant deficiencies