Want to be a Hero? Join the #1 GLOBAL LEADER in Online Food Delivery!
We are looking for a Director/Head of Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations (f/m/d) to join the Central Legal Team at our incredible Hero Hub in the heart of Berlin.
The role will be responsible for Delivery Hero’s government relations, public policy advocacy and regulatory affairs within the EU and other jurisdictions worldwide.
- You develop and maintain excellent working relationships with political bodies, policymakers, administrative authorities and non-governmental organizations on regulatory topics related to Delivery Hero´s business operations;
- You build and manage meaningful partnerships with internal as well as external stakeholders and you represent the company in trade associations, industry platforms and advocacy groups across the globe;
- You monitor and assess upcoming legislation, policy proposals and regulatory initiatives inter alia in the areas of data privacy laws, platform regulation, antitrust and competition laws, intellectual property rights, cybersecurity, food safety and financial market regulation and you devise strategies to minimize risks for Delivery Hero´s business operations;
- Together with different teams within our organization, you define and implement regulatory and public policy strategies to advance our business in different markets worldwide;
- You provide Delivery Hero´s management with strategic advice and intelligence on legislative and regulatory initiatives and you support our efforts of building a global regulatory affairs and government relations team to ensure that Delivery Hero´s positions are communicated consistently across the group;
- Together with our Communications team you shape communication strategies that advance the Delivery Hero´s policy goals and support building coalitions with other organizations in relevant industries.
Your heroic skills:
- You are in possession of a law degree from a reputable University (LL.M. or equivalent) or you developed solid technical expertise in regulatory areas relevant to our business through other means;
- You demonstrate at least 6+ years of experience working in regulatory affairs and government relations (ideally in the e-commerce, tech or delivery industry) and you can build on a very strong professional network;
- You have excellent knowledge about European legislation and policy processes but also a proven track record in working on regulatory projects outside of the EU (e.g. in the Middle East or Asia);
- You are fully proficient in English (an additional working proficiency in Arabic, Spanish or Chinese would be an asset but is not a must);
- You have superb communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) and proven expertise in drafting legislation, regulation as well as responses to government consultations;
- You are an absolute team player with excellent interpersonal as well as analytical skills and you solve complex tasks in an accurate yet pragmatic and timely manner.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package and a lot of training, career & development opportunities.
- English is our working language and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in a diverse, cross-cultural team. For most opportunities, we also offer visa & relocation support.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room. We are also working with local partners to offer childcare placements.
- Flexible working hours with the option of working from home.
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV by using the 'Apply' button.
We’re looking forward to your application!