Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Flender, headquartered in Bocholt, Germany, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has a reputation for the highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 120 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water and wastewater, marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high-quality materials and manufacturing processes and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades. On October 1, 2019, Flender had around 6,500 employees globally.
After the successful development of Flender in the last few years and the path towards more independence, started in 2017, a new major milestone is now being prepared in the form of a spin-off and subsequent stock exchange listing. It is planned that the spin-off will be presented for approval to the Siemens Annual General Meeting in February 2021. What part will you play?
As new Communications Manager you will develop and execute the company's external communication strategy to effectively convey Flender news, strategy and positioning in external media. As our ideal candidate you are an experienced communications professional, attracted to engineering-driven companies, and you can challenge ideas but be flexible, proactive, creative and diligent.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You develop and manage the annual external communication strategy and plans of the company
- You leverage the PR coverage ensuring a positive media coverage locally and globally
- Moreover, you are responsible for all external messages
- You coordinate and manage all media interviews incl. talking points of company's spokespeople
- You manage the digital platforms of the company including social media and website content
- Further, you track competitors' activities daily and ensure necessary communication plans are developed proactively
- You partner closely with key central functions, business line heads to ensure accurate and appropriate materials for external communication, updates and events
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration, International Relations or other
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in public relations and communications and have proven experience of operating in global organizations
- You bring proficiency in MS Office programs
- You score with strong stakeholder management and networking skills, motivational writing, planning and organizational skills, and a creative and innovative approach
- Moreover, you have gained experience in management of social media accounts
- Excellent command of German and English both written and spoken round off your profile
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.