This is a customer-focused role, managing the daily activities of applications engineers that review customers' technical needs and recommend specific product and technology solutions. With a background in Mechanical Engineering and strong experience assessing customers’ technical needs, you will have previous experience of product/technology solutions and an understanding of all aspects of manufacturing.
Ideal base locations would be around the Dusseldorf or Cologne region as this will enable easier travel to customers and to our sites in Vreden and Sinsheim. The role will require extensive travel, predominantly in Germany. Fluent English and German is therefore required – other languages would be advantageous, particularly French or Spanish.
In this job you will lead the research and preparation of information and CAD drawings that provide solutions to customers using MCAM products and technologies. You will assist the commercial team in reviewing customer requirements and helping to recommend and qualify solutions. The position will collaborate closely with the Engineering Solutions department and the wider Mitsubishi Chemical organisation to request new capabilities and introduce new processes to sales team and customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Define and review product requirements
- Determine feasibility of product manufacturing by reviewing drawings and models
- Manage project details, records, and timelines to meet customer needs in support of sales
- Provide technical assistance for design, manufacturing / qualification instructions and installation
- Provide strong support to the commercial team to prepare detailed proposal / quotation packages
- Provide technical assistance in the form of models, engineering studies or process capability data
- Manage and participate in regular project status and review meetings to ensure that the commercial team, manufacturing and customers keep well informed of project status
- Analyze reviews of unaccepted quotes and projects to refine capabilities and processes to provide continuous improvement in the quotation capture rate
- Represent Mitsubishi’s vision, mission and comply with company rules & standards
- Understand competitive products strengths, weakness, costs and processes to find advantages and strategies to improve sales and quote capture