Algorithm Engineer Camera Image Transformation & View Design (m/w/d)
This position is for a division of Magna Electronics.
Magna Electronics, an operating unit of Magna International, provides innovative electronic systems through manufacturing facilities and engineering divisions located all over the world. We design and supply the unique electronic components and sub-systems to meet future vehicle system needs.
The Algorithms Engineer Camera Image Transformation & View Design is responsible for development of camera based real time image processing/transformation for Drive Assistance Systems from concept phase to production.
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of a Camera Image Transformation & View Design algorithm for core and/or application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects
- Development of software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Verify algorithms at component and bench level
- Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to algorithms
- Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong software technical competency
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent(Master's preferred)
4+ years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory).
Skills and Competencies
- knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management, UML tools, static code check tools
- Working knowledge of CAN and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI
- Mathworks based tools (Matlab, Simulink)
- ADTF environment