MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are looking for truly enthusiastic employees to build together state of the art software that pushes innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, in the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Daimler that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we are creating passionate technology in numerous exciting fields, including: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us shaping the future!
Do you have the drive to create something new? Do you want to be the engine for new ideas and innovations, drive plans and projects and put them on the road? Do you want to work in a small team and take advantage of the start-up atmosphere at a premium automobile manufacturer, with a creative and self-structured environment in Berlin? Well, then join us! The aim of our work is to provide innovative, future-oriented products as well as services in the mobile environment.
Become part of this project and turn your ideas into the innovations of tomorrow! For our newly founded interdisciplinary MBition GmbH, we are looking for a experienced Head of Backend Technology professional. Someone with a pioneering spirit, who wants to help shape the future of mobility together with world-class engineers and designers. The goal of our work is to create innovative and forward-looking products and services in the mobile field. Become a part of this project and turn your ideas into the innovations of tomorrow!
* Lead, develop and empower an international team of managers and engineers
* Communicate business direction effectively to the technical team, inspiring and guiding them
* Lead software design projects under tight deadlines, focusing on backend technologies
* Oversee the build, scale and continuous improvement of the backend and data infrastructure
* Ensure ongoing operations while infrastructure is being developed further
* Make hands-on technical contributions to clear roadblocks for the engineering team
* Communicate effectively with, and create solutions to problems alongside non-technical stakeholders, and represent engineers and technology topics at leadership level
* Contribute to leadership team and the long-term development of the company
* Masters in computer science or equivalent degree
* At least 3 years of practical experience as a backend developer
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Leadership experience in an agile organization
* Fluency in English and ideally a good knowledge of German
* Communication skills in writing and public speaking are stellar
* You will build products that will end up in millions of Mercedes-Benz vehicles around the world
* Comfortable working atmosphere
* Flexible work schedules
* Diversified tasks
* Working in interdisciplinary teams
* Interesting insights into automotive series development
* Attractive workspace in the heart of Berlin
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
* Job title and reference number
* Salary expectation
* Earliest start date
* We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.