Köln / Munich / Stuttgart or any other location within Germany
Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Global Sales & Services
Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI's unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as a
Wire Harness Consultant (m/f/d) - SISW
in one of our offices within Germany.
The Wire Harness Consultant will be a member of the Global Siemens ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions' (IES) Professional Services team. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions. The consultant will work alongside customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, ensuring a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio. You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools across Germany. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace do-mains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- Engage with customers to deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for electrical system design and manufacturing
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes
- Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
- Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer's requirements
- Customise to meet customer requirements using the product API
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales oppor-tunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
- Providing technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
- Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing
- Travel will be involved mainly within Germany and Europe, occasionally trans-continental
- 5+ years' experience in the principles, practices and techniques of wire harness design and manufacturing processes, including understanding of key issues faced by customers
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery. Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Strong background and experience of wire harness design tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Team and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organisations whilst maintaining a company-internal network of contacts
- Willingness to travel around 50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Germany. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in Germany.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
What more do I need to know?
- Experience with PLM tools - ideally Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience with CAD tools - ideally NX, CATIA, CREO etc.
- Programming skills - ideally Java & knowledge of ‘Capital API'
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM. PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally - including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Markus Kies, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and also have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies. Siemens supports the Program "Job - Jobs ohne Barrieren" initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.