The Global Account Financial Advisor Lead (GAFA Lead) is a finance professional with robust knowledge and experience that is dedicated to one or more of the most complex global accounts serviced by EY. The GAFA Lead will provide insight into the account's global financial performance as well as forward thinking modeling and advice to support financial decisions. Additionally, the GAFA Lead will introduce implementation frameworks for key financial processes to optimize global performance while providing a clear view of the account performance to account, regional and finance leadership teams. The GAFA Lead will also assume responsibility for coaching and developing other team members either as direct reports or indirectly.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Establish a robust framework to forecast transition and audit spend for both the short and long term. This would include evaluating cost plans for each functional area of the bank by location, rank, and activity.
- Drive accountability in transition actuals v. plan monitoring by aligning transition plans to transition engagements with clear owners, expectations and cadenced account level reviews.
- Forecast FY20 revenue and margin. Model various margin scenarios for year 1 audit and beyond.
- Develop and implement a consistent approach to fee modeling and country fee allocations.
- Develop and implement a Global audit structure to manage financial performance for the year 1 audit.
- Ability to bring an independent and global perspective on leading practices for managing the financial performance of the account.
- Help in developing a framework for channel 2 to channel 1 account transitions
Financial planning and performance
- Deliver margin modeling and advise GCSP on the financial aspect of account's strategic planning process. Continually monitor and measure financial success of strategy.
- Model and advise on stretch vs. achievable targets for the account's annual revenue and margin plan, monitor that effective ownership over revenue plan components is assumed across account leadership team.
- Advise on performance and forecast expectations against revenue plan throughout the year, provide GCSP with insights and recommendations to achieve optimal financial performance.
- Validate accuracy of account's reported financial data.
- Model and advise on where and how to improve account margin, agree with GCSP on targets for improvement, continually measure success of improvement strategy.
- Establish and promote adherence to improvement frameworks across the account to manage and maximize margin performance across all engagements.
- Analyze margin performance throughout the year, making ongoing recommendations for optimization.
- Provide account team with robust margin modeling in support of developing a sound pricing strategy on the largest and most complex pursuits.
o Analyze engagement margin drivers (e.g. leverage model, work location) and collaborate to course correct or maximize results where applicable.
- Establish and socialize framework to apply Master Service Agreement (MSA), rate cards and other client procurement requirements on all engagements across the account.
- Provide account teams with a clear understanding of the impact / benefit of applying MSA, rate cards and other client procurement requirements on the largest and most complex pursuits to achieve the best margin outcome.
Master Service Agreement/Rate Card Development
- Provide robust margin modeling and advice to GCSP in support of pricing decisions and negotiation.
Account client and engagement set up
- Establish and promote framework to ensure engagement data integrity across all engagements.
Working Capital Management
- Constantly analyze accounts billed and unbilled inventory levels, advising on any potential exposure or risk which might impact margin performance.
Abidance to Q&RM
- Highlight any potential Q&RM issues that become visible through account's financial reporting.
Knowledge Share and Development
- Work with G360 finance community, share policies, expertise, ideas and successes. Bring leading practices to own accounts.
Client centric business focused reporting:
- Leverage global leading practice and support on reporting, and on all other account and engagement processes for the benefit of own accounts.