Customer Quality Manager (m/w/d)
This position is for a division of Magna Electronics.
Magna Electronics, an operating unit of Magna International, provides innovative electronic systems through manufacturing facilities and engineering divisions located all over the world. We design and supply the unique electronic components and sub-systems to meet future vehicle system needs.
Responsible to bring the voice of customer into MAGNA ELECTRONICS (ME) of assigned Customers Programs from RFQ to Launch / SOP Acting as interface between Customer Supplier Quality team and ME Engineering, PMgmt. and Operations functions (e.g. Quality, Manufacturing, Launch Mgmt. etc.) for fast response through co-ordination and expedite directions to the team ensuring the Quality requirements and expectations, standards and regularities of the program are completed within required deadlines.
- Ensure that ME has properly considered the Voice of the Customer for to achieve performance to target and is maintained on customer reports and score cards covering all aspects of Program Phases up to Launch / SOP.
- Manage customer ratings and score cards for Quality metrics Programs to ensure accuracy of customer quality information and initiate steps to resolve inaccuracies aligned with ME relevant functions.
- Represent ME at customer meetings, conferences and trainings, coordinating ME to comply with customer quality requirements and milestones within the assigned scope.
- Generate or coordinate presentations for quality reviews by both ME and Customer Quality and Mgmt. Groups.
- Manage and coordinate communication between the ME Engineering and customer support personnel, ensuring that a fast response and strong working relationship is achieved and maintained with the customer.
- Coordinate and manage Customer Improvement Plans in scope of work which include inputs from ME relevant departments and functions (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality etc.)
- Support or / and Coordinate as assigned, Customer events onside ME (e.g. Audits, Run & Rate) for target achievement.
- Utilize Quality Assurance output (Eng. QA Syst. & HW & SW) and affiliates KPIs to generate reporting, regular reviews and monitor leading to proactive actions to improved customer satisfaction.
- Establish reliable and efficient fast response actions to Customer Issues and support LL/BP generation & read across in the scope of the programs.
- Control expenses to approved Budget and minimize costs to the best interests of ME while keeping the customer relationship in balance.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives assigned.
- Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS) and all relevant other ME Processes and Procedures.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (Software preferred) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Automotive / OEM Environment or equivalent.
- Electronic Manufacturing / Quality Management experiences is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced Knowledge in SW Development, Programing (C; C++) and SW Quality assurances.
- Knowledge of Automotive Spice (CMMI a plus).
- Knowledge in Electronic Hardware Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experiences in Key Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) and its Milestone reviews.
- Knowledge of Quality Standards ISO 9001, 14001, 16949 and VDA 6.3 (Auditing capability a plus).
- Knowledge using AIAG / VDA guidelines (FMEA APQP, PPAP)
- Practical experience in root cause analysis using tools e.g. Fault Tree Analysis, 8D , Root Cause Failure Analysis, Fish bone, Pareto, 5Why , Is-Is not, Cause and effect, etc.
- Fluent English (Speak & Write)
- German (Speak & Write)
- Other languages desirable
- Travel (domestic and international) may be needed
- Team oriented with assertiveness ability
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and work with global teams (Cross-cultural communication ability)
- Able to drive improvements and problem solving proactively
- Attentive Listener with strong interpersonal skills to build up desired relationship to Customers and Internal functions