Join the User Profiling team and help shape the search experience (search recommendations / free-text search) on trivago! We are looking for an experienced, analytical product manager who is passionate about working in a cross-functional team of data scientists and software engineers to build state-of-the-art information retrieval and machine learning microservices in the cloud.
Through our extensive A/B testing infrastructure you will be able to test hypotheses and evaluate how your contribution helps millions of users to find their ideal hotel in a global platform! Up for the challenge? Then read further and apply today!
What you'll do:
- You will heavily rely upon your analytical background to take full ownership of the search experience on trivago - the heart of how trivago users find their ideal hotel.
- You will be responsible for shaping the future vision and strategy of search recommendations and full-text search.
- Together with your team you'll find the most innovative ideas, and test solutions to complex hypotheses for massive data driven problems.
- You will also work closely with stakeholders within trivago in order to define, setup and test your ideas towards a frictionless text search experience.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or similar fields.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in product development for backend services.
- Proven analytical aptitude. You consider data as the source that drives your decision making and are relentless in getting hands on with large amounts of data.
- Confidence and comfort working on projects and goals that are happening in an uncertain, underconstrained and hypothesis driven environment (build - measure - learn mindset).
- Natural collaboration, leadership and communication skills with the ability to bring data scientists, software engineers and business stakeholders to a shared understanding and direction.
- Ability to work independently and show great commitment and passion for what you do.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Working knowledge of: Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Search Indices, Recommendation Systems, Machine Learning, and Clustering.
- Prior experience driving projects heavily relying upon data science.
- Comfortable with SQL; preferably in a distributed, big data environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform/AWS).
- Basic knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.