At thyssenkrupp we have more than 156,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of €39 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Head of R&D Project Management (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp Elevator AG, Essen
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs.
thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.7 billion euros in fiscal 2016/2017 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 1000 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
- As the Head of R&D Project Management (all genders welcome) it is your task to ensure close communication and alignment between our Product Lifecycle Management team and our Product Design Centers (PDCs)
- You promote project management best practices & a standard product development process to assure that project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resource, and risk constraints are understood and managed
- You streamline transition from research projects to development projects. In addition, youensure the project prioritization according to BU and tkE strategic direction and maintain the established project portfolio
- You will communicate relevant project information to our Executive Committee and other stakeholders
- Your tasks include optimizing coordination and collaboration of projects and resources between the Business Units (BUs) and subsequent Operating Units (OUs)/ PDCs, resulting in resource optimization as well as leading in-depth reviews when project and program delivery is not in accordance to approved plans (root cause analysis and creation of resolution plans)
- As part of our team you drive performance and create transparency of development projects across thyssenkrupp Elevator (tkE) with a robust, responsive and high performing PMO, using significant project performance KPIs
- Providing project management consultancy and recommended trainings necessary to achieve a uniform, adequate level of expertise across BU's & PDCs belongs also to your area of responsibilities
- We are looking for someone with a thorough understanding of project management principles, both theoretical as well as hands-on implementation/execution
- You have an academic degree in engineering, industrial engineering, business administration, business economics, etc.
- The ability to lead an international PM team in a matrix-structured organization (3 direct & appr. 40 indirect reports) is a must in this role
- We expect min. 5 years of work experience, esp. international experience
- Your portrait includes experience in key areas of Project Management in an international environment
- Your combine a general technical affinity and good knowledge of R&D processes and ability to understand a broad range of technical products and diverse businesses at the same time
- You should be analytical with exceptional communication skills and be able to identify and resolve conflicts
- The ability to build strong good working relationships with management and all project stakeholders down to the project team member level, strong personality to be able to convince people is part of your profile
- You have experience in working efficiently and effectively in an international company with a variety of business and cultural environments
- You would bring in excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint as well as very good English and German skills
- Intercultural experience and willingness to travel intensively complete your profile
Our offer to you
At thyssenkrupp we give you the freedom to expand your horizons - with flexible work time models, international teams and attractive working conditions and social benefits.
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now.
Our company is diverse and exciting. It offers an incredible range of opportunities. Because we believe that different backgrounds and cultures enrich us and make working together more enjoyable and more successful. We are therefore committed to a corporate policy that values, supports, and utilizes diversity.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Europe Africa GmbH
thyssenkrupp Allee 1