Group Components is a new organization within StepStone Group. The organization provides services and components on a group wide level to its member organization.
In this senior position, based in Düsseldorf, you will lead the documentation activities of several, internationally distributed teams and systems in Poland, UK, Belgium and Ireland.
You will report into the Director Development Group Components and collaborate with him and other stakeholders throughout the organization in creating and managing Group Components Documentation within StepStone Group.
As Senior Technical Documentation Specialist (m/f) you will own the documentation space within Group Components and develop it through writing, coaching, encouragement and good examples.
This is primarily a technical leadership position with management aspects.
- Develop documentation strategies for Group Components for application documentation, systems documentation, process documentation and internal communication
- Provide document generation, storage, and document revision management for all software development and system documentation
- Create guidelines for structure, content, quality, format and maintenance of all technical documentation
- Interface with stakeholders like architects, QA engineers and developers to help guide and maintain their documentation
- Generate, check and edit technical documentation as needed
- Ensure adherence to guidelines in terms of documentation
- Maintain pragmatism and develop documentation on a practical, as-needed basis
- Continuously improve and guide the organization toward an ideal level of documentation
- Drive user generation of documentation, i.e. on Wikis to introduce and maintain information nodes for projects
- Experience in writing/editing IT documents throughout the entire architecture of software development
- Experience within software development processes, primarily with usage of typical Java development environments, code versioning systems and testing systems
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated experience with Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills including presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Excellent time management skills
- Know-how and experience with document management systems
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken – additional languages such as German, French or Dutch are a plus