Ernst & Young* is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. In Germany, some 8,200 people are united by shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. Joining forces with the 190,000-strong global Ernst & Young organization, it serves its clients all over the world. Ernst & Young makes a difference by helping its people, its clients and its wider communities achieve their potential.
Senior Manager (f/m) Cyber Security for EMEIA Advisory Centre / Germany wide
Our Cyber Security Centre of Excellence team (part of our EMEIA Advisory Centre (EAC)) helps clients address the risk surrounding their Cybersecurity environment; application risk and controls; programs and projects; and IT governance risk and compliance of the enterprise. We provide transformational services that have lasting impacts on the way in which our clients optimise their technology investments and manage value, cost and risk.
Cyber security is now seen as an integral part of an organisations risk profile and the need to manage cyber risk across business and IT operations is a key area of focus for our clients. Our EAC Cyber Security Centre of Excellence delivers world-class cyber advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services. The team helps our clients to assess their cyber risk profiles and transform their cyber security capabilities through large scale change programs and by delivering market leading security technologies through our integrated managed security services. Our focus is on helping our clients to secure their organisations in an ever-changing world of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
In addition to a global network of cyber security professionals connected to the EAC, EY has also created a virtual network of Advanced Security Centers that provide a full suite of Cyber Managed Services including Cyber Threat Intelligence, Security Monitoring, Incident Response and Vulnerability Identification (Attack and Penetration). Our global centers enable us to provide comprehensive, consistent, repeatable and auditable project execution, a secure and controlled setting for the physical and logical security control of client sensitive data, and a collaborative environment that enables both rapid problem-solving and effective knowledge transfer.
Working together, our Cyber Security Centre of Excellence and Advanced Security Centers enable EY to offer our clients a market leading mix of ?Big 4' consultancy and seasoned technical security capability and experience. Operating as a single global team means that EY are able to provide clients with an unparalleled mix of capabilities without being constrained by traditional ?Big 4' country or regional boarders. It is this reason that EY have been ranked as a global market leader for security consulting services by external research agencies.
What this means for you
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing you an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication and client-management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities. If you are interested in "building a more secure and trusted working world," being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Advisory is for you.
Your tasks - to help you progress
- Lead, coordinate large-scale Information Security engagements.
- Provide both subject matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the "point person" for engagement teams.
- Work with prospective clients to identify opportunities, scope engagements, and build relationships.
- Develop and review reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Supervise staff by providing mentorship and coaching to grow their technical and consulting skills.
- Improve EY's business processes and incident response methodologies.
- Routine line management and leadership of staff within the Information Security Management function
- Leadership and strategic direction for the function, ranging from planning and budgeting to motivational and promotional activities expounding the value of information security
- Liaison with and offers strategic direction to related governance functions (such as Physical Security/Facilities, Risk Management, IT, HR, Legal and Compliance) plus senior and middle managers throughout the organisation as necessary, on information security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies
- Recruitment, leadership and direction for a loose network of information security ambassadors distributed throughout the organization
- Leads the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards, including certification against ISO/IEC 27001 where applicable
- Forms a "centre of excellence" for information security management, for example offering internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on information security risk and control matters throughout the organisation and promoting the commercial advantages of managing information security risks more efficiently and effectively
- Leads or commissions the preparation and authorizes the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with the Security Committee
- Leads the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations
- Leads or commissions suitable information security awareness, training and educational activities
- Leads or commissions information security risk assessments and controls selection activities
- Leads or commissions activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity management and IT disaster recovery in conjunction with relevant functions and third parties
Your profile - to help us progress together
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience, or a Master's degree and minimum 6 years of related work experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities required
- Prior Big 4 or other relevant consulting experience required
- Experience developing new business and meeting revenue targets required
- Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read, and communicate effectively both written and verbally in a professional environment
- Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator who thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- All industries are of relevance but we are particularly keen to see candidates with a background in one or more of the following: Consumer Products, Life Sciences, Energy & Assets, Financial Services or Government & Public Service (including the Military)
- Professional certifications such as the CISSP or equivalent
- A strong work ethic
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet client needs
More opportunities to help you achieve your potential
Through our corporate culture, which combines variety, life balance, training and an international perspective, we will help you achieve your potential. We are very aware that your views, your energy and your enthusiasm are the drivers that will move us all forward.
Interested in the position? Then send us your application!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our Recruiting Center on +49 6196 996 10005.
We prefer online applications quoting job ID ALL00147