As QA Engineer - Search Engine (m/f) you will be part of an expanding international R&D team, working in a fast paced and innovative environment. The team you will join is in charge of building the search engines behind every site of the Stepstone Group.
You are able to make intelligent trade-offs, know when to escalate issues, and proactively identify risks.
You enjoy delving into complex systems, and you have an understanding of problem isolation. Moreover, you have experience in writing test plans or test matrices, QA testing methodologies, debugging, and you are familiar with defect tracking workflows.
This position can be based in either Berlin or Brussels.
- Take ownership of all QA activities concerning the search backend
- Mentor developers of your team to coordinate and implement automated tests with them
- Create evaluation plans and quality and performance reports for both the development and the product teams
- Enforce QA and testing among the team
- Coordinate QA topics with other QAs from other teams
- Review and critique software specifications
- Test and validate new features of the search backend
- Strong knowledge of automated testing, maven, continuous integration, code metrics, test coverage
- Firm grasp of testing methodologies, preferably backend and scale testing
- Experience in quality assurance for complex software systems
- Experience with Junit or other test frameworks
- Fluent skills in at least one object-oriented programming language (JAVA preferred)
- Familiar with standard mark-up languages (HTML, XML) and relational databases (SQL)
- Excellent teamwork, independent decision making, and written/verbal communication skills
- Willing to take ownership and deliver high quality products with reproducible results
- Analytical thinking, creative problem solving, trouble shooting, and attention-to-detail a must
- Knowledge of search engine related technologies (indexes, lucene, solr and the like)
- Experience with evaluation of information retrieval systems is a big plus
- Knowledge of Git, Strong scripting abilities and Linux systems administration experience highly desired
- Fluency in English (working language throughout the company) is essential, other languages such as German, French and/or Dutch are a plus