Ernst & Young* is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. In Germany, some 8,200 people are united by shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. Joining forces with the 190,000-strong global Ernst & Young organization, it serves its clients all over the world. Ernst & Young makes a difference by helping its people, its clients and its wider communities achieve their potential.
Product & Service Sourcing Manager (f/m) / Germany-wide
As the Product & Service Sourcing Manager (f/m) within the Global Procurement team you are responsible for the procurement strategy, sourcing execution, customer engagement and vendor management across the GSA (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) Product & Services categories Facilities Management, Brand Marketing and Communications, Talent and Professional Services (including consulting spend). In this role you are responsible for designing and implementing Sourcing Strategies with a particular focus one of the mentioned categories. You work closely with local Stakeholders, agreeing procurement projects and providing Exceptional Customer Service and delivering value to the bottom line through cost savings and cost avoidance by directing both sourcing projects and demand management initiatives in support of the global category strategies. Hereby you ensure the value of supplier management by the procurement teams - such as championing the benefits of best-in-class strategic sourcing principles and practices and the importance of appropriate supplier relationships.
Your tasks - to help you progress
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within region business units and report procurement progress via regular meetings
- Build a pipeline of Procurement projects for the region in collaboration with local stakeholders and execute local and regional deals in the timelines agreed with key stakeholders
- Achieve cost reduction targets, help to develop new cost reduction strategies and improve negotiable spend via sourcing and demand management
- Lead complex RFPs and negotiations and support in the analysis of the information and the negotiation of the contract in conjunction with the stakeholders and legal teams
- Minimize contractual risks to the firm and manage business relationships with vendors according to EY's Procurement and Independence policies
- Identify and evaluate existing and potential suppliers as well as establish and maintain a Supplier Relationship Management approach, including a formal supplier evaluation process
- Develop and foster vendor relations from a business perspective, to include regular assessments, risk management, and innovative processes
- Provide accurate monthly reports on his deals and savings
- Contribute driving the standardization of global processes and operations, and ensure compliance to the Procurement policy by education of local EY staff and presentations to stakeholders
Your profile - to help us progress together
- Academic degree in a relevant field (preferably economics)
- At least five years of Procurement experience and understanding of procurement through "coal-face" category management roles, including but not limited to sourcing and demand management and covering the areas of Facility, Professional Services, Marketing and HR spend
- Experience of working in a global and complex organization and liaising with different cultures
- Proven track record in delivering cost savings and process improvements
- Hands-on experience negotiating high-volume and complex contracts
- Strategic thinker with an analytical mind
- Extensive knowledge of a range of Procurement tools, techniques and accountabilities ranging from supplier management, strategic sourcing, and operational procurement / P2P
- High level of personal energy and strong bias for action
- Experience in managing a large number of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in German and English both verbally and in writing
- Strong Procurement expertise in order to drive sourcing and demand management strategies across a broad array of categories, with an ideal focus on Facility Management or Branding, Marketing and Communication
- Able to align efforts with the key stakeholders and influence these leaders, as necessary, and possess a global mindset
- Experience of various Source to Pay ("S2P") processes
- Conflict management skills to resolve tradeoffs and ability to move projects forward to drive results
- Change management and influencing skills to drive desired changes and implement strategy with heads of stakeholder partner organizations
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to interact with senior management
- Ability to think and act strategically
More opportunities to help you achieve your potential
Through our corporate culture, which combines variety, life balance, training and an international perspective, we will help you achieve your potential. We are very aware that your views, your energy and your enthusiasm are the drivers that will move us all forward.
For more information to our Core Business Services please click here.
Interested in the position? Then send us your application!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our Recruiting Center on
+49 6196 996 10005.
We prefer online applications quoting job ID ESC0013G