Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Our vision for Print-On-Demand (POD) is a world where customers can find and buy any book, in any language, ever published anywhere on Amazon; where publishers, as well as authors can distribute their titles across Amazon’s EU and global websites without having to hold physical inventory; where every tile for every customer order, front list or tail selection, is manufactured in real-time and shows always “in-stock” on every Amazon marketplace.
Over the past 5 years Amazon’s EU POD business has grown rapidly and has become a strategic cornerstone to Amazon’s physical media business. The recent Europeanization of the initiative offers the opportunity to lay the groundwork for the next phase of growth in a highly visible program.
We are seeking a individual in Munich with a passion for innovation and the transition of media products from physical to digital, who will be acting as Content Vendor Manager for POD, focused on expanding POD title selection, reporting into the Head of POD Content Vendor Management Germany, under the supervision of the Head of Make-on-Demand (MOD) in Luxembourg.
Working within a high-energy, fast growing international team you will identify, evaluate and progress business opportunities, working with Books Vendor Managers and In-Stock teams, while contributing to aligning the POD business segment with international media retail businesses, MOD Operations and software development teams. You will also contribute to various projects. You will be able to think big and progress POD for Germany, often requiring interaction with vendors up to the CxO-level. A high sense of ownership, a strong self-starter drive, an instinct to dive deep to discover the root cause of problems, the ability to build trusting relationships, and a ‘can-do’ attitude are a must.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the competitive environment of POD services in Germany
- Establishing trusted consultative client relationships to significantly contribute to improving title selection and availability for customers of books on Amazon's websites. This includes the development and delivery of convincing business cases/analytics presentations to vendors
- Assisting with the management and execution against a vendor-facing content acquisition funnel for the POD service in the Germany (pipeline management): aligning plans, targets and execution with Germany’s Books Category
- Contributing to business planning and execution for POD Germany - feeding into the European POD P&L
- Evaluating economic and strategic costs/benefits of partnerships for Amazon and vendors, working across teams
- Ensuring that Amazon DE POD vendors have a great experience - e.g., timely, convenient and accurate reporting and payments
For this position we expect:
- Strong academic background in business
- Several years experience with complex B2B-business development, vendor management, marketing and negotiations - and related problem solving
- High sense of ownership, earn-trust-of-others, innovation, dive deep and bias for action
- A high level of problem-solving and analytical skills
- Active team player on a global team
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial along with a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Fluency in German and English is required
Further qualifications would be a plus:
- Experience in Online Books/Media retailing and vendor management, digital media would be a plus
- MBA preferred
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.