Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for Back-End Developer (m/f) in our European Headquarter in Luxembourg City
Do you love seeing your developments help improve real life? Do you have a passion for using technology to make the operational processes better? You enjoy solving operational issues by creating state of the art systems?
Amazon Logistics gives you the opportunity to discover a large range of business cases as well as design, develop and implement solutions that will help our operations sustain fast growth and build the best logistics company in the world.
As a member of the Finance Business Intelligence team you will build systems designed to process large - and quickly growing - amounts of data in a quick and efficient manner, supporting a state-of-the-art business intelligence platform that helps managers have near-real-time visibility on the operational processes so they can drive those better.
- You will participate in building the most user-friendly Business Intelligence tool of the industry
- You will own the design of scalable, sustainable big-data processing systems
- You will propose, design and test innovative ways to handle data and computations
- You will leverage Amazon Web Services and other emerging technologies
- You will regularly interact with end-users to understand how your systems can serve them better
- You will partner with the business analysis team to dive deep on the metrics you are reporting on
- You will propose, design and test applications to ensure data quality and systems reliability
For this position we expect:
- A completed Bachelor’s, Diploma or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or PERL
- Database management, MySQL, Oracle
- Git or other distributed version control system
- Linux, Apache
- Unit tests, performance workload tests
- Agile methods
- System hardware architecture (Servers, redundancy, backups, performance analysis)
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.